How I Stay Energized All Day Without Coffee
Every morning, millions of people all over the world have a cup of coffee. It has become a staple morning drink that's a cultural norm. People get together over a cup of coffee and socialize or brainstorm at a meeting with a hot cup in hand.
Coffee is a morning "pick-me-up" that I would more accurately call a "ticking time bomb" Well, that's what some people do after drinking coffee in the morning - they crash and burn after a few hours.
Why is that?
Coffee has a Good, a Bad, and an Ugly side.
- Coffee has antioxidants that can help to curtail free radical damage.
- Coffee provides energy - it has a natural stimulant in the coffee bean.
- People love it, and it makes them feel good.
- Maybe you have some other reasons you would like to add?
- People are addicted to coffee, and everything should be consumed in moderation.
- The sugar and cream that people add to coffee cause inflammation and a host of other problems.
- When ingesting coffee, you call up your adrenal glands, and it's not a gentle nudge.
- Drinking coffee over an extended period can cause serious discoloration to your teeth.
- Stimulating your adrenal glands every day and early in the morning can cause them to fatigue leaving you tired, irritable and at a higher risk for weight gain and stress.
To be honest, I only like the smell of coffee, not the taste. If I did like the taste, I still wouldn't drink it because unfortunately, it is too harsh to the system. Instead, I either drink an herbal tea blend that consists of spearmint and nettle or a green superfoods mix with marine plant minerals.
This Green Drink, as I call it, is FILLED with vitamins, trace elements, and minerals. And since I don't really like taking pills, it's perfect!
My favorite powder blend of green superfoods with plant minerals, mushrooms and herbs include:
flax seed oil
and so much more...
You can find the blend here: GREEN POWER
I am serious. This green drink has done wonders for me. It helps my hair, skin, and nails and moods. And I feel clearer and more conscious. Get my free guide: 5 Superfoods for PMS HERE.
Green leafy veggies and power mushrooms are of my favorite superfoods for getting a boost of energy and vitality.
- Quickly dissolved in water
- Easily absorbable by the small intestine (where nutrient absorption occurs)
- Easy to store and carry with you on the go
- A little goes a LOOOONG way.
Vitamins are the building blocks of cellular processes the occur in the body; they are needed for cellular and DNA repair, most importantly.
Vitamins such as Vitamin A can help to protect us from chemical and environmental pollutants, which is usually something that we have very little control over, so it's best to stay protected! Vitamin K has powerful anti-cancer effects and can protect against cellular and tissue damage of radiation therapy. Guess who has up to 250 mcg (over 300% daily value) of Vitamin K - Watercress (also found in the blend)!
There are so many benefits of doing a glass of Green Drink in the morning.
Learn more about powerful superfoods? Get my free guide: 5 Superfoods for PMS HERE.
Do you use a coffee substitute for energy in the morning? Share your story below!
Jennifer Hutchison Taylor is a herbal therapist, physiologist, author, doula, and reiki practitioner who helps women rediscover their feminine beauty and find the complete path to healing. As the founder of Beauty in Bloom, her mission is to promote generational wellness by providing natural, sustainable, and holistic health solutions for women. Beauty in Bloom exists to create a world where women are happy, healthy, and are taken back to their roots for healing. While herbs are the main tools that she uses, she combines this modality with superfood nutrition, spiritual guidance, and her rich biological sciences background to teach a powerful and revolutionary approach to holistic health.