My Top 27 Wellness Book Picks for 2017
Is reading more on your resolution list for 2017?
It's on mine too!
I'll be doing a lot more reading since I'll be starting school on Jan 9th for my Dr. of Oriental Medicine degree! (My 3rd professional degree!)
But I am also making a list of books that I want to add to my health and wellness toolbox! There's so much to learn from others in the industry in order to raise your consciousness about living holistically healthy. There are hundreds of great books out there including herbal guides, cookbooks, self-help, and scientific-based reads.
Reading great health and wellness books is one of my favorite ways to put all the pieces together to create an amazing holistic and harmonious life.
In my practice, I focus on women's wellness in the areas of herbal medicine, nutrition, and mindset. You'll see these types of books on my list.
Holistic means complete.
Mind (memory, thought, desire, intelligent, choice, feelings, goals)
Body (hormones, body systems, stress, chakras, muscles, bones, skin, hair, eyes)
Spirit (belief, spiritual, future, past, guidance, ancestors, God, meditation...mind)
See the cycle? The connection?
Here are my Top Wellness Books for 2017.
Enjoy and comment below if you have read or will read one of these books. What other books are on your reading list this new year?!
- The Ayurveda Way: 108 Practices from the World's Oldest Healing System for Better Sleep, Less Stress, Optimal Digestion, and More (pre-order) (you may also be interested in this amazing Ayurveda Program Click Here!
- Alchemy of Herbs: Transform Everyday Ingredients into Foods and Remedies That Heal (pre-order)
- Sacred Medicine Cupboard: A Holistic Guide and Journal for Caring for Your Family Naturally-Recipes, Tips, and Practices (pre-order)
- The Science of Planetary Signatures in Medicine: Restoring the Cosmic Foundations of Healing
- The 3 Degrees of Fitness: A holistic guide to increased motivation, alpha confidence and becoming your best self through fitness (pre-order Jan 2!) Want to start a great yoga practice this year? Click Here!
- Hear Your Body Whisper: How to Unlock Your Self-Healing Mechanism
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness for beginners: The 30 Day Mindfulness Challenge, 30 Day to Transform your everyday life, find peace, Happiness and Be in The Present
- Effortless Healing: 9 Simple Ways to Sidestep Illness, Shed Excess Weight, and Help Your Body Fix Itself
- The Power of Positive Energy: Powerful Thinking, Powerful Life: 9 Powerful Ways for Self-Improvement, Increasing Self-Esteem,& Gaining Positive Energy, Motivation, Forgiveness, Happiness
- Stretching to Stay Young: Simple Workouts to Keep You Flexible, Energized, and Pain-Free (I always tell my clients to stretch! Here's more reasons why!)
- Bugs, Bowels, and Behavior: The Groundbreaking Story of the Gut-Brain Connection
- Simpler Living: A Back to Basics Guide to Cleaning, Furnishing, Storing, Decluttering, Streamlining, Organizing, and More (all the Back to Basics books are GREAT!)
- Break Free: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in 3 Steps: A Workbook for Overcoming Self-Doubt and Embracing Life
- The Male Herbal: The Definitive Health Care Book for Men and Boys (one of my favorites - re-read!)
- Women's Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine: Alternative Therapies and Integrative Medicine for Total Health and Wellness (to complement James's book)
- The Complete I Ching ― 10th Anniversary Edition (one of my course books!)
- Body into Balance: An Herbal Guide to Holistic Self-Care (a great beginner's guide to herbal medicine and holistic home care!)
- My Anti-Stress Year: 52 Weeks of Soothing Activities and Wellness Advice (pre-order Jan 10th! - Can't wait on this one!!!)
- One Spirit Medicine: Ancient Ways to Ultimate Wellness
- Excuse Me Goddess Can We Talk?: New Messages of Love from the Goddess - How to Create Personal and Global Abundance and have Fun with the Process
- The Well-Fed Microbiome Cookbook: Vital Microbiome Diet Recipes to Repair and Renew the Body and Brain
- Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Your Health Problems and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure It
- The Foundations of Chinese Medicine: A Comprehensive Text, 3e
- Herbal Hormone Handbook for Women: 41 Natural Remedies to Reset Hormones, Reduce Anxiety, Combat Fatigue and Control Weight (Herbs for Hormonal Balance, Weight Loss, Stress, Natural Healing)
- The God-Awakening Diet: Reversing disease and saving the planet with a plant based diet
- Alkaline Herbal Medicine: Reverse Disease And Heal The Electric Body
- MINDSET: How Positive Thinking Will Set You Free & Help You Achieve Massive Success In Life (Mindset, Mindset Techniques, Positive Mindset, Success Mindset, Self Help, Motivation)
BONUS: My book, Healthy In, Healthy Out: A Quick Tour of the Gut & Medicinal Herb Guide for Digestive Health has to be on the list, too! 🙂
Happy Prosperous, Harmonious, and Healthy New Year!
Jennifer Hutchison Taylor is a herbal therapist, physiologist, author, doula, and reiki practitioner who helps women rediscover their feminine beauty and find the complete path to healing. As the founder of Beauty in Bloom, her mission is to promote generational wellness by providing natural, sustainable, and holistic health solutions for women. Beauty in Bloom exists to create a world where women are happy, healthy, and are taken back to their roots for healing. While herbs are the main tools that she uses, she combines this modality with superfood nutrition, spiritual guidance, and her rich biological sciences background to teach a powerful and revolutionary approach to holistic health.