Vegan Ethiopian Lentil Salad
This recipe is a modification of the one from my favorite vegan cookbook: A Vegan Taste of Africa! Link below.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 3 cups Dried Brown Lentils
- 1 Lage Tomato
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 4 Tbs Grape Seed Oil
- 4 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Pink Himylayan Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1Tsp Crushed Red pepper
What to Do
- Cook the lentils, drain them and mash them.
- Transfer to a large glass bowl, and add in the tomato, pepper, onion, garlic, and a little of the cilantro.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing - oil, vinegar, seasoning.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and combine well.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with a side of steamed kale.
Get the Amazing Cookbook->a vegan taste of east africa
Jennifer Hutchison Taylor is a herbal therapist, physiologist, author, doula, and reiki practitioner who helps women rediscover their feminine beauty and find the complete path to healing. As the founder of Beauty in Bloom, her mission is to promote generational wellness by providing natural, sustainable, and holistic health solutions for women. Beauty in Bloom exists to create a world where women are happy, healthy, and are taken back to their roots for healing. While herbs are the main tools that she uses, she combines this modality with superfood nutrition, spiritual guidance, and her rich biological sciences background to teach a powerful and revolutionary approach to holistic health.